Saturday, November 21, 2009

The "other nest" in doublenesters
















We have returned to our paradise island. Pine Island is frost free and zone 11-12. We can grow anything that grows in Hawaii. We live in a tropical paradise and are thank full everyday for it. As members of the teaching profession we have spent Christmas vacation,spring breaks,and many summers in Florida for most of our married life. Summers are hot for Burton but I have always loved our summers here with the ocean breeze to keep us fresh and my dear brother and his family so close in the Florida Keys. We have enjoyed many Augest lobster seasons and have had a great life. Five years ago we saw a life dream come true when we were able to purchase a cottage on Lake Michigan in Mackinaw City Michigan soooo now we are double nesters,coming and going 12 months of the year enjoying all that God has allowed us to have. We have children and grandchildren in both places and many true friends and neighbors. we are also ordinate enough to be members and associate members of the best bible preaching churches. We can both serve in teaching and using the gifts that we have been given. I am also fortunate enough to have a paying job at my favorite parks in the country, Michigan State Historical Parks, in Mackinac Island and Mackinaw City Michigan. God has truly blessed us and I hope to share some of what we have here on Pine Island with my friends and family that tune in. My camera is not the best but at least I can now upload digital pictures and keep posting on a regular basis.

No comments: