Sunday, May 24, 2009

Boating to Mackinac Island




We were able to take the boat out for a wonderful ride to Mackinaw Island and under the bridge and around our beach! Wow are we blessed. Captain Kevin did a great job in the wake of starline ferry and we just took our time yating around the whole Island. Note, The Grand Hotel on this bluff in this picture.


My sweetie and I In Lake Huron 39 years ago we were here on our honeymoon!!


We met up with our group of guests, that we had sent over on the ferry early in the morning, at French Landing where Cheryl did to disembark to go find the outhouse :) We are all having a great week-end. Called DNR to get permission for our bond fire on the beach and sat out until midnight grilling hamburgers,hot dogs,and of course somemores,yummy :)


This is where I work most days and usually my view is of where I am sitting in the boat. This is the mainland Fort and light house in the background. I am going over today to work at in a few hours. First Memorial Day in my life I havent 't been able to attend memorial day services honoring our fallin dead. I will be able to assist our guests though as enter our "Pontiac Uprising Pagent" here at the Fort and that is always a blessing. Posted by Picasa

No comments: