Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 14th The Day of LOVE


This is a very special day even though many say it is "just a Hallmark day". Its roots are strong and deep in the Celtic culture. My daddy always left a red rose on my bed or school books and that was enough.  One year in college I recieved 4 dozen red roses each from a different "fella".  Our children enjoyed making sure everyone got a special valintine especially "the unpopular".  My soon to be husband, gave me a $5.00 card in 1979.  That was a lot of money even for a college professor,I get it out every year and place it on or bedstand. My mom passed on to glory on this day 14 years ago.  We have traveled the country to be in Hood River,OR/White Salmon, WA so we could welcome our ninth grandchild into this beautiful world. I think today will be the day...

1 comment:

Liz said...

Chris Ann, thank you so much for the kind words you left over at my place. They really brightened my day.